Friday, July 27, 2018




When I grow I want to be...

I have always believed that this phrase has a bad start, because in life already are somebody, but we have not yet developed into nothing. It can be perspective of each one, but my I do not personally like.

 

At the beginning every time they asked me what it would be like when I grew up, I would respond that I wanted to be a good person and help the street dogs. Then as I was growing up I wanted to become a veterinarian, carabiner, military, dancer or cartoon designer.


I went through so many options, but finally I decided on area of ​​science. The truth was not easy going from art to science, but I had people who supported me with every decision and eventually became my role model. Maybe they are not people as important to the world as Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein, but for me they are the people who guide me every day to fight for what I want and help me in the moments when I need it the most.


My sister is Karen Salas. She is a graduate of the University of Chile in 2013, currently she is 27 years old and has three titles related to her area. Today she works in the security Mutual and has attended more than 500 people saving their lives or simply helping them in their last moments, either with a smile or with an attention. She is my greatest admiration, not only for being my sister, but rather because she has shown me that every effort has its reward. She supports me when I need her the most and every time I see her at work, I think "Will I be as successful as my sister? Can I be as smart as her one day?"










My cousin is Alex Salas, he is a professor of physics and technology from the pedagogical university of Chile in 2015, but before that he studied chemistry in the metropolitan technological university until 2006 and is currently 34 years old. Nowadays he works doing classes in the CEPECH pre-university. He is my admiration because he taught me that we can all make mistakes, the important thing is to know how to get up again, he taught me that life does not depend on always making good decisions, but on trying and never giving up. My cousin changed his career at 20 years old like me and he shows me day by day that this was the best decision he could have made, since what he likes best about his job is to bring science to schoolchildren and help them understand that science is not as complicated as it looks.


My cousin is Javier Campos, he is an engineer in computer science graduate from the University of Santiago de Chile and is currently 34 years old. Today he works in Germany and he is my admiration because he taught me that it is never too late to achieve your dreams. My cousin now knows more than 16 countries, is currently getting to know Egyptian and he teaches me with every trip that, if you want, you can do it.




They have not contributed something as great as the scientists mentioned above, but for me it is not less than saving lives, teaching others the importance of science or taking foreign knowledge to their work area.

These three people are my role model, my admiration, my goal to follow.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! It is very nice to admire someone instead of feeling envious of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the best heroes aren´t in the puplic society, they could be in our families, work or uni. they are just persons work to make a better world in their own way without receiving anything in return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, sometimes forget that ours family and friends inspire us more that world famous people.

    ReplyDelete