Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Changes to my study programme

I studied food engineering at the University of Chile. My career has 70 branches and the duration is 5 years and one semester. As I go in the second year, I can’t speak as changes in general, only changes of branches and situations that I have lived, one of these is to modify two branches that are taught in the first year, which is an introduction to engineering in food I and II, which I believe is a very important branch, which I consider to be a very important branch, but that with a semester is sufficient, the other change that I would add to that branch is a new curriculum, that is something more didactic and innovative, that calls the attention of the students

In my faculty I find that he lacks more affection, so to speak. I feel that the facilities are not adequate and the spaces to have "university life" are very lacking, at the same time, a better library is missing, that has everything necessary to carry out a good afternoon of group study and I say in a group because one of the most positive aspects is that in my faculty there are individual study rooms that are the best, They are air-conditioned, they have a plug, they are clean and the schedule is very good, since we have the facility that they open the rooms at six in the morning and close them at nine, giving us a flexible and adequate schedule.

Regarding teaching methods, it can be said that some teachers have good methods and other bad methods, but this happens everywhere, however I feel that all teachers should have good teaching methods and be willing to teach.

My faculty is not the best to be honest, but things have changed between my first year and the second, now we have grass and soon they will open a new building designed for us students, but hopefully place more innovative facilities that serve us much more, as a suitable place to have lunch, since in winter it is difficult to have a place to have lunch, among other things, I hope that over the years future students can enjoy a better environment than I am living. In truth, these changes go hand in hand with technology, nobody knows if the day of tomorrow the classes will be only online or maybe now they are holograms or that in the laboratories there are more robots than people. I just hope that future changes are positive.










One of the most positive things that can be appreciated in my faculty thanks to technology, is that each room has a DATA and that gives us the facility for the teacher to explain the subject and we take notes on the slides.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you , the faculty is not the best T.T

    ReplyDelete

  2. I think the same as you, the career needs a more didactic curriculum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the infrastructure is terrible. Small library, ugly buildings. It is very depressing :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also believe that there are many things to improve in our faculty!

    ReplyDelete